Fates-Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F.R-Forums

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
reaction
Owner
Owner
reaction

Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file) Empty
PostSubject: Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file)   Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:39 pm

1. Right-Click My Computer and select Properties
2. Then Click The Advanced Tab
3. Then Click Environment Variables
4. Select Path In The Bottom Box and Click Edit
5. Find Where You installed Java (E.g "C:\Program Files\Java\bin)
Its different on each computer
6. Make Sure to add a semicolon after the word bin in the path to seperate it from the other important paths
7. If this doesnt work then you may have to reinstall Java and Try Again
Source(s):
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Setting Path on Windows
For Windows XP:

1. Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
2. Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
3. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.
4. Close the window.
5. Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.

I HOPE THIS HELPS!

Thanks, Reaction
Back to top Go down
https://fatesredemption.darkbb.com
Chandler
Owner
Owner
Chandler

Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file)   Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:30 pm

This was definitely needed. Good job.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file)   Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:19 am

Not hard to fix, but could help the people starting out with Java.
(Yes Julia, I mean you. Unless of course Chandler has taught you about this)
I might start posting a few tutorials up soon. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ferity
Ferity

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file)   Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:08 am

Falcon wrote:
Not hard to fix, but could help the people starting out with Java.
(Yes Julia, I mean you. Unless of course Chandler has taught you about this)
I might start posting a few tutorials up soon. Wink

You mean me?
I got the Client working without using this guide, muhaha. ^^ lol!
Back to top Go down
http://:D http://www.fr-forums.tk/
hobbes526
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
hobbes526

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file)   Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:41 pm

im still having a problem with it, when i open the advanced setting it says i have "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip" so where do i put the semicolon, or what do i do to fix this??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file)   Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide to Fix ('java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file)
Page 1 of 1